1. First and foremost... keep some independence and allow your partner to do the same Relying on each other is completely ok but don't wrap yourselves up in a cocoon for 2! Everyone needs some solitude at times and it is entirely natural and essential for a healthy relationship.
2. Be a good listener and expect the same in return It's simply not ok for you to be scrolling Facebook or insta while your partner is trying to have a conversation with you. Put the technology down for a moment, make eye contact and really listen... if only for a brief moment. The act of giving someone your undivided attention is often overlooked with all the distraction of this modern life we're living
3. Manage your expectations Furthermore to the social media mentioned in point 2, it's easy to get swept up in the fantasy of everyone else having the most perfect partner and relationship. The hard truth is, no relationship is perfect despite the incredible holiday pics they post, and that's completely ok. If you're expecting him to magically know what you want, you are setting yourself up for disappointment which is just not fair to either party.
4. Touch each other There is no more powerful act than that of touch. I'm sure you'll agree, a simple hand on your thigh while sitting on the couch together could be all it takes to make you feel connected after a long day. He needs affection too so make sure you reach out for him from time to time as well. Make him feel valued and wanted as much as you want it reciprocated.
5. Never threaten divorce Jealousy and resentment can grow rapidly if you feel your partner is spending too much time away from you or not giving you the attention you think you deserve. While this may be true in some cases, it's always best to address the issue and have a reasonable discussion rather than let it get you to the point of threatening to leave. No one reacts well to an ultimatum so don't pose one. Ever
6. Compliment them A positive comment toward your partner lifts their confidence, which in turn makes them feel good about you. Win win right! One simple compliment a day will have them on cloud 9 and the positive vibes will be returned, guaranteed. Tell him you love his hair that way, he's a fantastic father or even something as simple as he makes the best coffee. Try it and see what happens
7. Mix it up It's not news that relationships can get stale and a little predictable over time but they don't have to! Flirt with him like you used to Send him cheeky messages Leave him hand written notes in his lunch bag or pop one in his pants pocket to find while he's at work Be spontaneous and keep that love alive !
•Awarded a 5 star rating by our brides for 7 years running via Easy Weddings.
• We have been selected as the experts in our field by Bride Online.
• Accredited ABIA members
• Selected as finalists in the Telstra Business women awards and Kochie’s business awards